synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 01:08:48 GMT
Hi Dushan,

I've checked in SYNAPSE-920 patch. Now RM scenario also works and I've enabled the corresponding
integration test. However this patch broke sample 51 (MTOM/SwA). Synapse started to overwrite
the MIME boundary strings when mediating MTOM/SwA messages. I've done a fix for this problem
in TargetRequest class, so things should be back to normal now.

I'll continue to do minor refactorings on this code over the next few days, but the current
state should allow you to start working on other possible improvements and bug fixes.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Jul 11, 2013, at 10:21 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dushan,
>
> I'll review and apply this tomorrow.
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Jul 11, 2013, at 10:13 PM, dushan abeyruwan <dushansynapse@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hiranya,
>>    I made [1] as blocker since, most of the bug fixes done on top of the patch provided
[1], let us know when this gonna apply.

>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-920
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dushan
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM, dushan abeyruwan <dushansynapse@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Hiranya
>>  [@dropped dev@synapse.apache.org only for this mail]
>>    Can I know when  [1] patch gonna apply?
>>            Which has the corresponding synapse version patch for ESB 4.6.0 , and
there after we have done quite a few fixers based on different customer inputs on top of patch
[1],

>> [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-920
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Thanks Dushan. Create blockers for these fixes and assign them to me. I'll fast track
the review process and get them checked in asap.

>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>
>> On Jul 11, 2013, at 9:34 PM, dushan abeyruwan <dushansynapse@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Hiranya,
>>>     There are quite a few bug fixers we have done on PTT (including some buffer
level improvements),since the release will be on August or earlier September I will try to
provide those fixers ASAP, which make PTT to be work in more stable manner.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Dushan
>>>

>>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi Rajika,

code. It uses the excellent Rabbit MQ java library for AMQP. May be we can include that too
in the release. We need to make sure that the license of RabbitMQ java library is compatible
though.

>>> +1

>>> I wasn't aware of that. According to [1] ASF still uses SVN as the primary VCS.
Where exactly did you come across this information?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Hiranya
>>>
>>> [1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html

tests except for the RM test (sample 101) are also working. I've disabled the RM test for
now. We'll discuss what to do about that later in a separate thread.

at hand this summer so I can be the release manager. I hope to get this out by the end of
August or early September. Any help with bug fixing, testing and documenting will be most
appreciated.