synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject SNMP Support for Synapse
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 04:30:58 GMT
Hi Devs,

I'm in the process of implementing $subject. As the first step I'm going to
expose a couple of our MBeans over SNMP. I'm thinking that SNMP support
should be disabled by default as most users will not be interested in it. A
property in synapse.properties file will activate the SNMP agent. I'm using
SNMP4J (licensed under ASL 2.0) as the underlying API.

Also I'm not going to worry too much about SNMP security for the first cut
implementation. But I'll make it possible to specify a custom community
string for the Synapse SNMP agent (default will be 'public'). SNMP4J
supports a ton of security options with regard to SNMP. It should be fairly
easy to add these stuff in a future iteration.

Feedback welcome!

Thanks
--
Hiranya Jayathilaka