synapse-dev mailing list archives

From indika kumara <indika.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ability to dynamically define endpoints
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:34:52 GMT
I am not against any change. But, I think we need to be consistence - using
the same concept for doing the same thing within the project (here
supporting extensions for different synapse language constructs). So, I
think, based on the previous experience with mediator extensions and
others, and the requirements for extensions for remaining constructs, it
would be better to come up with a single, simple scheme that exactly does
what we need.

Thanks,

Indika

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Afkham Azeez <afkham@gmail.com> wrote:

> The easiest way to implement this is to change the getEndpointFactory
> method in org.apache.synapse.config.xml.endpoints.EndpointFactory. If the
> factory class is specified in the endpoint, it will simply use that, if
> not, it will continue to search the list of known endpoints. So, my
> previous example will change to;
>
> <endpoint name="sdlbEndpoint">
>     <session type="http">
>         <!-- Session timout is 15mins-->
>         <sessionTimeout>900000</sessionTimeout>
>     </session>
>     <tenantAwareLoadbalance *
> factory="org.wso2.carbon.endpoints.TenantAwareLBEndpointFactory"*
>                                failover="true"
>
>  algorithm="org.apache.synapse.endpoints.algorithms.RoundRobin"
>                                configuration="$system:loadbalancer.xml"/>
> </endpoint>
>

> Is this an acceptable change?
>

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Afkham Azeez <afkham@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the simplest thing to do is to specify the class inline;
>>
>> e.g.
>>
>> <endpoint name="sdlbEndpoint">
>>     <session type="http">
>>         <!-- Session timout is 15mins-->
>>         <sessionTimeout>900000</sessionTimeout>
>>     </session>
>>     <tenantAwareLoadbalance *
>> class="org.wso2.carbon.endpoints.TenantAwareLBEndpoint"*
>>                                failover="true"
>>
>>  algorithm="org.apache.synapse.endpoints.algorithms.RoundRobin"
>>                                configuration="$system:loadbalancer.xml"/>
>> </endpoint>
>>
>> So the config builder will know which class to instantiate when it
>> encounters an unknown endpoint type such as tenantAwareLoadbalance.
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <
>> hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> We should look for a simple and open way of registering endpoints (and
>>> mediators) as Java extensions.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hiranya

ESB