synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: API versioning for Synapse Resources...
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 12:30:57 GMT
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Udayanga Wickramasinghe <udayanga@wso2.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Should we consider the same for proxies too?
>>
>> +1 ..i think it would be very useful for both API's and proxies..but
> let's start with for API resources...
> i guess to implement a versioning strategy for proxies we might need to do
> changes in axis2 as well..

+1 but I don't think it requires a change to Axis2 .. can it not be done as
a handler that does the version selection as part of dispatch? Basically we
write a "Version Dispatcher" and have it append the version # to the
AxisService name.

Anyway +1 for getting it sorted for APIs first.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation;

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/