synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Afkham Azeez <afk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ability to dynamically define endpoints
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 06:46:30 GMT
I think the simplest thing to do is to specify the class inline;

e.g.

<endpoint name="sdlbEndpoint">
    <session type="http">
        <!-- Session timout is 15mins-->
        <sessionTimeout>900000</sessionTimeout>
    </session>
    <tenantAwareLoadbalance *
class="org.wso2.carbon.endpoints.TenantAwareLBEndpoint"*
                               failover="true"

 algorithm="org.apache.synapse.endpoints.algorithms.RoundRobin"
                               configuration="$system:loadbalancer.xml"/>
</endpoint>

So the config builder will know which class to instantiate when it
encounters an unknown endpoint type such as tenantAwareLoadbalance.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
<hiranya911@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> May be using a service providers is not a good idea. Lately we have not
>> used this approach for registering things because of its sun specific
>> nature. We use the synapse.properties file for registering the XPath
>> extensions. It is a best place for placing this kind of extensions because
>> we are not going to develop lot of endpoints like we do for mediators.
>>

> +1
>
> We should look for a simple and open way of registering endpoints (and
> mediators) as Java extensions.
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>

>> Thanks,
>> Supun..
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Udayanga Wickramasinghe <
>> udayanga@wso2.com> wrote:

>>> +1
>>> one option is to use Java *Service providers  to register endpoint
>>> factories*/serializers.  This approach is currently have been used for
>>> pluggin in external  mediators
>>> Regards,
>>> udayanga

>>> --