synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for DiffServ with Http transport
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:42:57 GMT
On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 11:24 +0100, Jørgen Nordmoen wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Setting the traffic class is exactly what we need. We have to do that
> to every client connection, but also need to have control over what is
> set for each connection as the clients will get different priority
> based on our parameters.
>
> We have looked into the classes you suggested, but we can't find any
> 'bind' method or anything related to the sending socket.
>
> Best regards.

Jørgen

The #bind method Indika is referring to is available in the 4.2 (DEV)
branch of HttpCore. So, you need to make sure you are using the latest
HttpCore release (4.2-beta1)

Alternatively, you could use the #prepareSocket method of the I/O
reactor class to modify properties of newly created sockets.

Hope this helps

Oleg