synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: eBay Case Study and Synapse
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 14:56:14 GMT
Wearing my old Synapse Hat on again.., thats certainly good to hear!

When I first started working on a non-blocking HTTP transport [1] and
wrote the implementation based on HttpComponents [2] almost 4-5 years
ago, I didn't imagine that it would someday drive traffic at eBay!
Credit for this also goes to the Apache HttpCore/NIO project, and
especially to Oleg Kalnichevski who helped us immensely to get NHTTP
going in those early days

Getting back to the present from 4-5 years back .. The UltraESB shows
that much better performance levels can be easily achieved today with a
further improved NIO implementation utilizing Zero-Copy proxying [3] and
well designed and clean code. Now that means any further X times
improvement in performance would yield X times savings for a user. It
would be interesting to do a performance comparison..

asankha

[1] http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/LAQUqvIdo5WkJZM6uqoa
[2] http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/LAQUqwzWUNjYAtb3EsJT
[3]