synapse-dev mailing list archives

From indika kumara <indika.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with switch on/off LoadBalance and FailOver endpoints from Jconsole
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:59:15 GMT
+ 1

BTW, why do we use indirect endpoints?  if it is for reuse then what are the
reusable elements - an endpoint definition, an runtime endpoint instance or
both?  what kind of reuse an end user expects?

If the child endpoint of ST_Quote_LB1 get inactive due to failures, should
that cause to stop ST_Quote_FO1 working? if the the runtime instance is
reused, then I believe It would happen. But, if we expect to reuse only the
endpoint definition, it should not happen. And for the latter case, the
switchoff of ST_Quote_LB1 (including its children) would not affect any
other endpoint. So, if we expected the reuse of endpoint definition, then,
the current implementation of the indirect endpoint is wrong.

~ Indika