synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Supun Kamburugamuva <supu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shall we make the iteration run in a single thread?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:02:17 GMT
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry for being late, but I think the right attribute should be
> asynchronous and by default it is false, meaning that the iterator is
> sequential by default which is the general case I guess, and let the user
> specify if he can execute in parallel.

If we use the send mediator with a sequence iteration there is no guarantee
of sequential operation. Sequence operation is guaranteed only if a callout
mediator is used. So it is an edge case.

Also we need to think about the backward compatibility. Those were the two
motivation factors behind the attribute name and default value.

Thanks,
Supun..

--
Tech Lead, WSO2 Inc