synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Charith Wickramarachchi <charith.dhanus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing Messages in the JMS Transport
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 16:31:01 GMT
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Charith,
>
> I think the problem you have to solve is more broader :-) you have to keep
> the complete state of the message, meaning what is its endpoint, ow it
> reached this endpoint, for example if it is via a proxy foo, you need to
> make sure that the response message after delivering it later gets
> dispatched to the out sequence of the proxy, or if there are any other
> mediators after the send (endpoint) you need to remember those to execute
> that rest of the sequence after delivering the message and so forth.
>
> So ideally what we should be doing is to keep a reference to the
> configuration in its complete serialization format. So in effect you need to
> build up a referencing mechanism to refer to any bit of the synapse
> configuration, that way we can support message persistence not only for
> messages sending out, but also for any mediation, in the future. :-)

Thanks for the feed back.

   I'll come up with a design for this soon. At a high level i feel like
this can be achieved by keeping a JNDI Context at the Synpase Environment
and using a string based naming syntax to uniquely lookup any point in the
configuration. We can populate the Context while building the Synapse
configuration model.

WDYT?