synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Linton <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing Messages in the JMS Transport
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 13:33:41 GMT
Charith,

I think the problem you have to solve is more broader :-) you have to keep
the complete state of the message, meaning what is its endpoint, ow it
reached this endpoint, for example if it is via a proxy foo, you need to
make sure that the response message after delivering it later gets
dispatched to the out sequence of the proxy, or if there are any other
mediators after the send (endpoint) you need to remember those to execute
that rest of the sequence after delivering the message and so forth.

So ideally what we should be doing is to keep a reference to the
configuration in its complete serialization format. So in effect you need to
build up a referencing mechanism to refer to any bit of the synapse
configuration, that way we can support message persistence not only for
messages sending out, but also for any mediation, in the future. :-)

Thanks,
Ruwan

Ruwan Linton
Software Architect & Product Manager, WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb