synapse-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Heshan Suriyaarachchi (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Issue Comment Edited: (SYNAPSE-662) ClientWorker overriding character encoding
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:15:51 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-662?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12890228#action_12890228
] 

Heshan Suriyaarachchi edited comment on SYNAPSE-662 at 7/23/10 4:14 AM:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked the above mentioned issue SYNAPSE-670, against a build from the Synapse trunk and
it seems that it is fixed in the trunk. Therefore, this issue can be closed after applying
the attached patch. 

      was (Author: heshan):
    I checked the above mentioned issue SYNAPSE-670, against a build from a trunk and it seems
that it is fixed in the trunk. 
  
> ClientWorker overriding character encoding
> ------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SYNAPSE-662
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-662
>             Project: Synapse
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.2
>            Reporter: Myles Bunbury
>         Attachments: SYNAPSE-662-patch.txt
>
>
> The following code exists in the org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.ClientWorker class'
run() method:
>                 responseMsgCtx.setProperty(
>                     Constants.Configuration.CHARACTER_SET_ENCODING,
>                     contentType.indexOf(HTTP.CHARSET_PARAM) > 0 ?
>                         charSetEnc : MessageContext.DEFAULT_CHAR_SET_ENCODING);
> This fails however for the following Content-Type HTTP header:
>   application/soap+xml; action="urn:echoResponse";charset=UTF-16
> BuilderUtil.getCharSetEncoding(contentType) is called a few lines up and correctly extracts
the UTF-16 character set value, but then overrides this and sets it to UTF-8. It does this
because the value of org.apache.http.protocol.HTTP.CHARSET_PARAM is "; charset=". That is,
it's failing because the response does not have a space between the charset parameter and
the previous parameter.
> Reading through the HTTP specs, I haven't come across anything that says either that
whitespace is permissible or not permissible here. In my view the code should therfore be
flexible enough to handle either case. 
> I would suggest simpifying the code to:
>      responseMsgCtx.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.CHARACTER_SET_ENCODING, charSetEnc);
> as the BuilderUtil.getCharSetEncoding() code above the offending code seems to be sufficient
at first glance.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@synapse.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@synapse.apache.org


Mime
View raw message