synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Charith Wickramarachchi <charith.dhanus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Synapse Message Store
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 04:06:18 GMT
On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Charith,
>
> The implementation seems to be pretty straight forward by reading your
> explanation. To start with inMemory message store will work, but for any
> useful scenario DLC should be persistable, meaning that the message store
> has to support persistence.
>

> Yap actually implementing a JMS based Message store is a part of My project
>

> When it comes to implementation, it is good if we can use a hybrid message
> store where it first keep messages in-memory and then persists to some
> persistence mechanism.

+1
how about adding a feature to the Message store to have a secondary Message
store so that after a certain Message limit in coming messages to primary
message store they will get persist in the secondary store.(will look smiler
to a memory hierarchy)And also in case of a synapse shut-down it will also
try to persist all stored messages via the secondary store.

> Being said all that, I see a lot of similarities in the failover endpoint
> and this approach, and moving forward, you will need to implement the
> exponential back-off for retrying and so forth. I wonder whether we can
> re-use the failover endpoint to achieve this. I didn't think through this,
> but it seems it is possible to associate the DLC with failover endpoint and
> leverage the retry functionality from the failover endpoint.
>
>     even though in my current POC it supports a simple re try interval. it
will support policies like exponential back-off and RM based   re- delivery.