synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Local Entires with CDATA Elements
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:41:02 GMT
Hi Folks,

While doing some work on SYNAPSE-624, I have realized that Synapse does not
handle local entry values with CDATA elements properly. Axiom seems to drop
CDATA elements while parsing XML. For an example given the following local
entry configuration:

<localEntry key="foo"><test><![CDATA[<SomeXML/>]]></test></localEntry>

the serialized XML would be as follows:

<localEntry key="foo"><test>&lt;SomeXML/></test></localEntry>

Note that the CDATA element is gone, and its value has been partially
encoded. The way out of this issue is to disable coalescing in the parser.
But that would be globally applied to all XML parsing logic in Synapse
(unless we somehow use a separate OM builder for parsing local entries). So
how do you think we should handle this scenario?

Thanks
--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Software Engineer;