synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Linton <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating Names for Anon. Endpoints
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:34:37 GMT
Hiranya,

Lets introduce an internal flag to the endpoint so that the builder and the
serializer pair sets and checks respectively to make the generated name
transparent from the users configuration.

To address the issue of having different, UUID's on different server start
sessions, we could compute the endpoint name by looking at the parent
sequence name, for example like "main_ep_1" and so forth.

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
<hiranya911@gmail.com>wrote:

> Devs,
>
> Currently Synapse generates names for anonymous endpoints. For an example
> take the following sequence:
>
> <sequence name="foo">
>     <send>
>        <endpoint>
>            <address uri="some address"/>
>        </endpoint>
>     </send>
> </sequence>
>
> Synapse will generate a UUID and set that as the name of the endpoint. This
> is required since all endpoints must have names in clustered deployments.
> However generating names causes the serialization to be different from the
> original input XML. As a result we currently have a bunch of test failures
> in the trunk. Any idea how to resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka
> Software Engineer;