synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: Synapse 2.0 ??
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:15:36 GMT
Hi Ruwan,

I have a set of new stuff in mind to be completed on the 2.0 release as well. So if there
is no objection I would like to bring in a release plan to be executed with the set of features
that we are going to do for the 2.0 release of Synapse.

WDYT?
No objections – only thoughts… Why not just dropping the current 1.3-branch and recreating
from trunk to stabilize there? From a project perspective I think it is important to release
more frequently. I’m not quite sure whether the new features really justify a major release.
I would see this differently, if we had done any incompatible changes or completely modified
the configuration language for example… Also if we now incorporate even more features, the
release, however we are going to call it, will take even longer until it can get out.

Regards,
    Eric