synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: JMX notifications for Endpoint state changes
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 20:26:36 GMT
I would vote for both, on global and on those child elements where it is applicable with the
simple rule, that at runtime the most specific one wins.

This would allow for the following scenarios.

Turn it off for all (globally)
Turn it off globally, but only activate it on demand for specific endpoints, services etc.
Turn it on globally
Turn it on globally, but disable it for some specific services, endpoints (exclusions)

Of cause you could also add a configuration right in the middle on the level of the services
or endpoints etc., if someone also wants to turn an aspect only on for ALL services, but not
for all endpoints, but just some of them.

Regards,
  Eric

________________________________
From: Supun Kamburugamuva [mailto:supun06@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 8:15 PM
To: dev@synapse.apache.org
Subject: Re: JMX notifications for Endpoint state changes

+1 from me as well to the new aspect configuration. This solves the problem more cleanly.

I'm not clear about one thing. Shall we make this aspect configuration to be a child of other
elements like mediators and endpoints or is it a top level configuration only?

Thanks,
Supun..
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com<mailto:ruwan.linton@gmail.com>>