synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Advice on choosing http core NIO version for Synapse 1.2
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 03:22:03 GMT
Hi Oleg, Eric
> Me neither, but from what I've seen, in HttpCoreNIOSender Synapse logs the thrown IOReactorException
including the cause information as early as it has a chance to do so:

Eric - you are looking at a previous version of the code, when we
enabled auto-restart on unexpected shutdown, we improved this logic.
However the real cause is the ClosedChannelException issue. We can
neatly log fatal causes when such a restart is performed, so that we
will know in future, what caused such a filure
>>> Was it correct to terminate the Reactor?
>>>
>> No, it was not. ClosedChannelException should not be considered fatal.
>>
> This was also my understanding.
>

>> It is a shame the exception is unchecked, though.
>>
> Agreed.

Lets work on getting this fix into HttpComponents, probably as you
switch to the new HttpCore version, since this is a quite common
scenario you encounter in your deployment

cheers
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera