synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Like to know the Synapse AMQP trasports status
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:48:17 GMT
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Asanka Abeysinghe <asankaa@wso2.com> wrote:
> +1 for native AMQP transport,
> By bridging from JMS to AMQP is it possible to get the full advantage of
> AMQP specific features like exchanges, exchange types, routing keys, dynamic
> creation of queues etc ... ?

Again Good question and one for the FAQ.
Even now the JMS client is flexible enough to take full advantage of
exchanges, exchange types, rk's and dynamic creation of queues.
The new addressing format is even more flexible as it permits lot more
options like flow control, reliability expectations, declare and bind
arguments, how and when queues should be created by the client (ex
never - centrally administered, producer-created by producer,
consumer-created by consumer)
(As an aside, it's worth noting that exchanges are not going to be
there in 1.0 )

If you need to create queues as part of business logic, you could
still use the createQueue()/createTopic() methods and pass in an
address string and get the same benefits mentioned above.
As I mentioned in my first email, one important development in AMQP
1.0 is that management commands such as declare, bind , query queues
etc... are not part of the core protocol, but rather sent as messages
over the transport to a known admin/mgt service. The Qpid project's
QMF framework is aiming to follow that direction even from 0-10 by
allowing to perform management functions using pure message passing
(ex using Map messages)

Does this sufficiently answer your all your questions?
If not please feel free to dig further and I am happy to answer any
questions you have.

If you have specific use cases that would also help, as sometimes
discussing in abstract form is a bit difficult.

Regards,

Rajith

--
Regards,