synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Hierarchical directory based configuration as the default configuration
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:50:59 GMT
Hi Devs,

I have implemented the ability to read a synapse.xml file in a specified
directory and load the configuration. This functionality is now available in
the trunk and the 1.3 branch. Related documentation and samples are also
updated.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
<hiranya911@gmail.com>wrote:

> It should be easy to read a synapse.xml file from the specified directory.
> I will make that enhancement right away.
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Folks, yet another proposal :-)
>>
>> Shall we make the hierarchical directory based synapse configuration to be
>> the default configuration mechanism? It will give Synapse many advantages
>> while we can make it have no disadvantages by supporting a synapse.xml file
>> inside the root of the configuration hierarchy.
>>
>> So what I am proposing is that we create the
>> repository/conf/synapse-config/ directory by the build and treat that as the
>> synapse configuration root which will have sup directories to hold
>> individual artifacts like sequences, endpoints and so on. At the same time
>> we should support a synapse.xml file to be embeded with multiple elements in
>> the configuration root (in this case the direcotry "synapse-config")
>> supporting the existing behaviour.
>>
>> With this we can get rid of the registry.xml and the local-entries.xml
>> files that we have on the configuration root and bring them into the
>> synapse.xml itself.
>>
>> This would make the configuration nicely placed with different levels as
>> well as supporting the flat file at the same time by default.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ruwan
>>
>> --