synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XPath doesn't return attribute value
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:32:09 GMT
Hi Bill
> _Solution:_
> I added the following code to synapseXpath.java::stringValueOf at line
> 206:
>                     } else if (o instanceof OMAttributeEx) {
>                         textValue.append(
> ((OMAttributeEx)o).getAttributeValue());
>                    }
>
> Also, since the type OMAttributeEx is an inner class of type
> DocumentNavigator I needed to add an import statement in
> SynapseXPath.java:
>
> import org.apache.axiom.om.xpath.DocumentNavigator.OMAttributeEx;
>
> Unfortunately, OMAtributeEx is defined as private to class
> DocumentNavigator so I had to declare class and constructor
> OMAttributeEx as public in the module DocumentNavigator.java in the
> Axiom project module axiom-api.jar.
>
> If someone can point me to instructions for how to create a patch I
> will post one here.
I think your solution is correct.. if your question is "how to create a
patch with svn?".. you should go to the project root, and issue "svn
diff > changes.patch" and attach this patch to a JIRA (selecting that
you grant the Apache foundation the rights to use the code).. then one
of the comitters of the relevant project (Synapse, Axiom etc) will apply
the patch to the codebase

cheers
asankha

--