synapse-dev mailing list archives

From segal96 <carter.step...@gmail.com>
Subject Synapse 2-way SSL w/ Client Certificates
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:37:59 GMT

Using the StockQuoteclient/server samples, I have setup Synapse for 2-way SSL
(Client cert) between the client and Synapse, and also between Synapse and
the backend web service.  I've setup the truststores so that only trusted
web clients can connect with Synapse, and only Synapse can connect with the
backend web services.

I am relatively new to SOA/web services, and I wanted to know if from the
experts if this seems like a viable approach.  I do understand the tradeoffs
between transport & message level security.  Also, I have an existing PKI
available, so no worries with certificate management.  Is there anything
else I need to consider with this design??? E.g. performance?