synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Setting line endings for patches.. / SVN
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 05:54:16 GMT
Hi Eric
> PS:
> While having a closer look at the diffs I noticed different line endings in the files.
Some classes are using Windows line endings, others are using Unix line endings. Maybe it
would make sense to use a unified format across a files.

http://cwiki.apache.org/synapse/developer-guidelines.html

Once you set your svn config as mentioned in that link, the line endings
should be correctly set. i.e. when someone checks out a .java file into
a Windows machine, it will use the native line ending used in Windows,
and the same file checked out into Linux would be in the native Linux
line ending format. We keep almost all files at native, except .bat and
.sh files to the respective line endings they require

cheers
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera