synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject JMX and security improvements
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:31:21 GMT
Hi all,

At the weekend I took some time to work on improving JMX and security support: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-526

Basically I incorporated the feedback received and had a look on Indikas quite flexible Security
API he first introduced to datasources. As I'm already interested in using this, I first added
a small implementation to support the default "JBoss way" of encryption (fixed passphrase)
and other encoding. Additionally I enhanced the current CipherTool to be able to encrypt/decrypt
using a simple passphrase.

The next step I did was using the secret API also for JMX credentials. I therefore tried to
come up with a default implementation which could be used to encrypt passwords also in other
places without having to care to much about the internal security API offering a great flexibility
which might not always be needed.

I tested my changes for a lot of different scenarios, but I'm not sure whether I covered them
all, as I likely even don't know all of them.

So this is why I would like to ask anyone who could spend some minutes to review those changes/additions.

Thanks a lot!
   Eric