synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: startup order - correct place to start transport listeners
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:37:20 GMT
Makes perfectly sense Ruwan, and I did think about it as a seconds step as well! Just wanted
to mention it, as from a user’s perspective the same problems which may arise at startup
can also arise at shutdown. And once something is fresh in memory, those changes are easier
to perform. Thanks for taking the time for improving this.

Once you are done, I’m of course willing to do a review.

Thanks,

   Eric

________________________________

From: Ruwan Linton [mailto:ruwan.linton@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 2:51 PM
To: dev@synapse.apache.org
Subject: Re: startup order - correct place to start transport listeners

Eric,

I agree with the comments and I will be looking into the start order first to address your
issue, and then I will change the stop process in a way that it does exactly the opposite.
If we change it now and had to change it after fixing the start order that is going to be
a double work for the stop process.

Thanks,
Ruwan