synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release plan for Synapse 1.3
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:18:34 GMT
Hi Oleg
> What are your plans for SYNAPSE-186? I always thought the implementation
> of this feature would entail a pretty significant overhaul of the NIO
> HTTP transport. I am not sure it is doable within the given time frame.

This is in my TODO list, and I have been following up on some REST code
offered by Mike [1] to work on this one. First I will only support the
most common of REST, ie full support for GET as per Axis2 support.

Next, PUT/DELETE (SYNAPSE-477), HEAD and OPTIONS etc. Following
redirects would actually be handled last - and yes, its going to require
significant effort. We should also plan to handle 386, HTTPS tunnelling,
non-preemptive authentication support etc.. but most probably all after 1.3

thanks
asankha

[1] http://markmail.org/message/b44pfwsgrxggt32p

--