synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Veithen" <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Do we really need two flavors of init methods in mediators?
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:24:46 GMT
All,

I noticed that we have two different init methods for Synapse mediators:

- One is defined by the optional ManagedLifecycle interface with the
following signature:

void init(SynapseEnvironment se)

- The other is defined by AbstractMediator with the following signature:

void init(ConfigurationContext cc)

Is there any particular reason for this? It should be noted that the
ConfigurationContext can be obtained from the SynapseEnvironment by
casting it to Axis2SynapseEnvironment. Therefore I think that the
second method should be eliminated. WDYT?

Andreas