synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Link jUDDI 0.9rc4 to Synapse 1.2
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:01:17 GMT
Pasquale

I thought of an easier approach to start with.

Let's write a Mediator instead. This is much simpler than writing an
endpoint and better documented too:

http://synapse.apache.org/Synapse_Extending.html

The mediator will look up the address in UDDI, and then it just needs
to set the address in the To property by calling

messageContext.setTo(new EndpointReference(urlFromUddiGoesHere));

So this should be much simpler and easier to test.

Paul

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Pasquale Campitiello
> <pas.campitiello@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When you talk about a new Endpoint type you refer to this interface
>> http://synapse.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/synapse/endpoints/Endpoint.html
>> or to the classes indicated as
>> "All Known Implementing Classes: AddressEndpoint, DefaultEndpoint,
>> FailoverEndpoint, IndirectEndpoint, LoadbalanceEndpoint,
>> SALoadbalanceEndpoint, WSDLEndpoint" ?
>
> Yes
>
>> Is that a fast solution?
>
> Yes
>

>> What is wrong or right in our previous XML sample syntax?
>
> I like this one:
> <endpoint>
>        <uddi tmodel="uuid:EA9D6C10-C56F-11DD-ABCC-D8EB6125F14E" />
>       </endpoint>
>
> The only thing wrong is we need to code it!
>
> Paul
>>
>> Thanks
>> Pasquale
>>

>> 2008/12/11 Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Pasquale
>>>
>>> You have to write some new Java code. The current Synapse code has no
>>> support for jUDDI or UDDI. Ideally we would extend the Synapse code to
>>> understand a new Endpoint type (the Endpoint type is extensible).
>>>
>>> To extend Synapse you must usually write both a new XML syntax (like
>>> the ones you have been trying), the code to parse that XML, and the
>>> underlying code to act on that information (in this case the code to
>>> make a query from UDDI and to pass the right URL back to the rest of
>>> Synapse).
>>>
>>> Paul

XML to

--> tab