synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Link jUDDI 0.9rc4 to Synapse 1.2
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:45:26 GMT
Pasquale
> As for getting the Synapse code into Eclipse, try mvn eclipse

Yes, first do a full online build with "mvn clean install" (or "mvn
clean install -Dmaven.test.skip" if unit tests fail), and then do "mvn
eclipse:eclipse" to build the project.

To run the default configuration from the IDE, what I normally do is,
build and extract the binary Zip to some location, and use that location
as the base directory and start the Synapse engine as follows:

Main class: org.apache.synapse.SynapseServer
VM params: -server -Xms256M -Xmx256M -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
Program parameters: /home/asankha/java/synapse-1.2/repository
/home/asankha/java/synapse-1.2/repository/conf/axis2.xml
/home/asankha/java/synapse-1.2/
/home/asankha/java/synapse-1.2/repository/conf/synapse.xml
Working directory: /home/asankha/java/synapse-1.2

I use the classpath from the IDE project, and with IDEA, I add the
$BASE_DIR/lib directory to the front of the classpath to make sure my
log4j.properties is correctly picked up and the normal logs appear

 From here onwards, Synapse can run purely within the IDE

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera