synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUGGESTION] New Sample
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:46:28 GMT

> In a polling model there are again two options:
>
> 1. One thread is responsible for the polling (i.e. executing
> MessageConsumer#receive in a loop) and hands the received messages
> over to a worker pool.
> 2. Several threads execute MessageConsumer#receive (requires several
> sessions) and messages are processed by the receiving thread.
>
> Option 1 is quite easy to implement in the current JMS transport, but
> we would run into the same problem again. Option 2 easily solves the
> problem but requires some substantial changes.
I have implemented option #2 you state above.. also with thread pools
that dynamically scale to handle increased loads and shrink when the
load reduces. It also now supports both local and JTA transactions.. I
will commit the code I have now, and implement the enhancements planned
for asynchronous receipt of responses separately..

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
http://adroitlogic.org