synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committing patch contributed for MIME message parser and serializer based on Apache mime4j [WSCOMMONS-387]
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:03:18 GMT
On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 21:58 -0600, Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Hi Asanka,
> Hope you've seen  the following thread before posting this..
> http://markmail.org/message/ayjxurjz2fow7hit
>

> Quoting one of Oleg's mail,
> "Presently the patch I submitted (WSCOMMONS-387) does not provide
> support for the deferred parsing, but it should be relatively trivial
> to add it."
> I'm against committing the patch unless *at least* the above is
> implemented.

Thilina,

There was no feedback on the patch so I felt it was pointless to put
more work into it.

Anyways, I updated the patch with support for deferred parsing of MIME
streams. Folks, feel free to use this patch whichever way you please.

> IIRC the consensus of that thread are as follows,
> 1. Create a new branch and complete the patch to perform what Axiom is
> capable of doing at the moment.
> 2. Put this behind an interface so that we can switch the
> implementations.
>

> IIRC Oleg has commit rights in WS.

I have commit rights for Synapse, but I do not recall ever being granted
WS commit rights.

Oleg