synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Irantha" <iran...@wso2.com>
Subject New synapse transaction mediator
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:59:44 GMT
Hi All,

I'm working on a new synapse mediator to manipulate JTA transactions.

syanpse.xml configuration for new mediator:
<transaction
action="new|use-existing-or-new|fault-if-no-tx|commit|rollback|suspend|resume"/>

Meaning of action attribute values are explained below:
new : create a new jta transaction. generate a fault if a transaction
already exist.
use-existing-or-new : create a new jta transaction. do nothing if a
transaction exist.
fault-if-no-tx : generate a fault if no transaction exist.  do nothing if a
transaction exist.
commit : commit transaction. generate a fault if no transaction exist.
rollback: rollback transaction. generate a fault if no transaction exist.
suspend: suspend transaction. generate a fault if no transaction exist.
resume: resume transaction. generate a fault if no transaction exist.

There will be a new transaction configuration section in axis2.xml to define
UserTransaction (used to create a new transaction) and TransactionManager
(need for suspend and resume actions ) JNDI parameters.

newly created usertransaction is assigned to axis2 message context property
named BaseConstants.USER_TRANSACTION and newly created transaction manager
is assigned to axis2 message context property named
BaseConstants.TRANSACTION_MANAGER

Same message context property is used by JMS transport when creating a new
usertransaction.
WDYT?

Thanks,
Irantha