synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: How to detect when a web service is inactive
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:57:43 GMT
A while ago we wrote a "ping" module for Axis2 to check whether a service
is alive (obviously that only works for services in axis2). The basic idea
was to have the service get the chance to say "yep all's cool I'm ok" by
delivering a message all the way to service (which can check for needed
resources etc.).

Otherwise its like an IP ping which doesn't say much about whether the
machine's really up and running.

Sanjiva.

Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Andrea
>> In effect I use the versione 1.2 of Synapse. When will the new version be
>> available?
> Hopefully by around December..
>> But now there isn't a manner to simply understand if is the endpoint
>> active?
>>
> You can detect failure currently as a generic fault, but you cannot
> distinguish between a timeout, and connection refuse or an IOException
> etc. You could start working on a nightly build, which would be ready
> sometime next week.. I am setting up a nightly build system and will let
> you know more details..
>
> asankha

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/