synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Proposal to implement ws-eventing and an event distribution model in Synapse
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:32:45 GMT
Any other comments on this? I know Ruwan is working on it and I know
we would appreciate feedback and thoughts.

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: Proposal to implement ws-eventing and an event
distribution model in Synapse
To: dev@synapse.apache.org

Ruwan

The reasons I think we should keep the WSEventing section are:

1) We should support other models - WS-Notification, etc. Although we
have started from Eventing, this is a fairly generic model of events
and I think we should keep it layered.

2) You may need to configure security or other aspects onto the
WSEventing endpoint, so you need to offer the same configuration
elements that proxy does (except target).

Paul

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair