synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Saliya Ekanayake <sal...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Setting the Required Function in Inlined Scripts
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:53:02 GMT
Ruwan Linton wrote:
> Saliya and Asankha,
>
> I disagree here, note that these two modes handle two different scopes
> of the scripts. Yes, it is possible to add a script with functions in
> the inline scripting case, but this mode is rather expected to be used
> in very simple mediation. In that case you do not have functions
> declared inside the script but it is just a set of statements to be
> executed.

If the concept is to facilitate simple scripts (i.e. without methods) in
the inlined case and support any sort of a script in the external case
then that's fine. Anyway it's useless to have an Inlined script with
several methods if you want to execute just one of them. However, if the
user provides an Inlined script where the outside code invokes a
function in the same script then it will work, won't it?

Anyway I think it'll be great if we can put a line into the
documentation saying that Inlined scripts are ought to be simple where
as external ones may be complex and can be reused.

Thanks
Saliya