synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FIX Message Structure maintain inside synapse
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:15:51 GMT
Hi Asanka,

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Asanka Abeysinghe <asankaa@wso2.com> wrote:

> What do you mean by a unique tag id? Are you proposing to keep these field
> elements as attributes? I think this looks better. Or are you referring to
> unique tag names?
>
> I'm referring to unique tag names,
> <CIOrdID>ORD_1</CIOrdID>
> <Qty>1000</Qty>
> <Symbol>SUNW</Symbol>
> <SecurityID>277461109</SecurityID>
> or
> <11>ORD_1</11>
> <43>100</43>
> <55>SUNW</55>

OK, this makes sense.... :-) but isn't there a overhead associated with
building and serializing a message in this mechanism?

>> [3] Why it has used CDATA to store value ? (only tag 58 (text) might
>> contain text we have to omit from the XML parser, not a common case)
>>

> Isn't these field values are text (strings) always, where there can be '<'
> like characters?
>
> Yes it is text, but a order creation blotter or a order generator will only
> allow to enter free text inside tag 58

I am sorry but I didn't get this.

>> The current structure is concerning me because
>> [1] XSLT transformation and CBR make a tough task with the current
>> structure, so it will effect the performance of FIX transformation and CBR.
>>

> I don't get this point, as far as this message element is the SOAP payload
> (first child of the SOAPBody) I don't think there is any issue with the XSLT
> nor the CBR.
>
> Message element is the first child of the SOAP payload, but if the FIX tags
> represent as unique tag names we can use a XPath to directly  travel to a
> element and fetch data e.g message/body/symbol, but with repeating elements
> we have to iterate using a  '*xsl:for -each  select*'  to find a specific
> value for a field (Correct me If I'm wrong because I'm not an expert on
> XSLT).

No.... You don't have to use xsl:for-each for this. If you want to access
the field element with the id 43 you could use the following xpath to get
the direct access to that node;

//field[@id='43']

This will give you the first element appear in the xml tree with tag name
field and having the attribute id with value 43.

So there is no difference at all with the existing format and proposed new
format for neither XSLTs nor CBRs (XPATH)

Thanks,
Ruwan