Andreas Veithen wrote:
There is an alternative to all this:

1. Create an implementation of the Startup interface together with a StartupFactory and StartupSerializer.
2. When the init method (defined by ManagedLifecycle) is called on the Startup (at Synapse startup as the name implies), it gets the SynapseEnvironment as parameter. From there you can get access to the SynapseConfiguration and the Axis2 ConfigurationContext (provided that SYNAPSE-382 is fixed).
3. SynapseConfiguration#getProxyServices gives you the list of defined proxy services and ProxyService#getTargetEndpoint gives you the target endpoint.
4. ConfigurationContext#getAxisConfiguration gives you the AxisConfiguration and from there you can locate a transport sender by using AxisConfiguration#getTransport(s)(In|Out) (call get(Reveiver|Sender) on the Transport(In|Out)Description).

This should give you all the information you need to access the transport and tell it to start the relevant sessions.
But this would make this Synapse specific with a startup class involvement? Also this will prevent JMX access from starting and stopping the transports cleanly as the startup is involved.. I think the transports should be handled behind the transport abstraction, without mixing it with Synapse.., and this is possible as I understand, using the same way the JMS sender operates

I discussed this with Asanka A. who raised this original question and he agreed that what we have for the JMS sender is what they need. I do not understand FIX or the transport/implementation much, but AFAIK what they mean as the "URL" here is not what others seems to think.. Asanka A - if you agree with me, could you please reply to this list if what I suggest is an appropriate approach, else please tell me why it will not work?

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera

WSO2 - http://wso2.org