synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Synapse ESB 1.2 released
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:21:14 GMT
Hi Samisa,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com> wrote:

> Couple of questions:
> 1. I see there are some .so files in the lib folder. What are they? NIO
> stuff?

No, not for the NIO stuff, but for the java wrapper. We are using Java
wrapper to launch synapse as a daemon in unix and windows service in windows
which requires those *.so files.

> 2. Axis2 Java release has a separate license text file for each and every
> Jar. I am not sure about the reason to be frank why they have it. But
> synapse do not have those. Why?

I think it is an apache standard because almost all the products do include
the LICENSE, could you please check in the META-INF folder of the jar? ;-) I
think the proper place for the LICENSE is inside META-INF, not on the root
level.

Thanks,
Ruwan