synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiranya Jayathilaka" <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading Target Address Parameter at Transport Level
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 03:30:16 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  Hiranya
>>
>> The description of the issue does not make me understand much about the
>> underlying problem, but some transports like JMS, Mail, VFS etc, will only
>> poll/connect on behalf of services that registers with them. So, you can get
>> the service.xml parameters (or Proxy service parameters), from the
>> AxisService, and there you could define what you want for the transport.
>> This will not make the transport Synapse specific, as Axis2 can work too
>>

> Reading ordinary parameters off the AxisService can be done. Problem is
> reading the target URI value mentioned in the Synapse config. But as Andreas
> has mentioned this might make the code Synapse specific. A possible
> workaround is to introduce a new parameter where the user can specify the
> target URI to connect to at the start up. However this suffers certain
> limitations like not being able to connect to more than one session at start
> up.

These limitations can be tackled by rather ugly hacks. For an example the
above limitation can be dealt with by asking the user to specify all the
target URI values as the value of the parameter separated by commas. Then
the parameter value will be read and properly parsed at the transport level.
WDYT?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Hiranya