synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Asanka Abeysinghe <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Reading Target Address Parameter at Transport Level
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:34:39 GMT
+1
Content used in the address of a FIX endpoint is not a typical URL, it
contains  information  to  create  a  FIX  session.

A FIX session is an connection between two TCP/IP sockets that transport
messages using asynchronous  network  I/O.  Once  a  session  starts
it  keeps  live  by sending  heartbeats  followed by session level  test
messages  between  the  two  FIX engines  connected  together.

So the URL used in the address of the FIX endpoint is a reference to a
FIX session.

As Asankha mentioned we can used the slimier approach to like the JMS
impl, how it mapped it to a FIX impl is as follows.
- Define all the synapse.initiator (that connect to the acceptor
endpoint) FIX session inside the synapse.initiator FIX configuration
file. (identified by the parameter 'transport.fix.InitiatorConfigURL')
- Start the  FIX engine for synapse.initiator in the start-up as it does
for synapse.acceptor session(s)
- Keep the created/active sessions in a data structure (identified when
the 'onCreate' callback get fired)
    we might have to keep two data structures 1) session string| session
id 2) session id | QFJ session object and do a re-hash
- Use the current FIX URL to send messages
- Check the session availability by using the  URL  string  or  create
a  new  session
- Let the QFJ to dispatch the message using the correct session

Asanka  A.