synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Reading Target Address Parameter at Transport Level
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:23:12 GMT
Andreas Veithen wrote:
> There is an alternative to all this:
>
> 1. Create an implementation of the Startup interface together with a
> StartupFactory and StartupSerializer.
> 2. When the init method (defined by ManagedLifecycle) is called on the
> Startup (at Synapse startup as the name implies), it gets the
> SynapseEnvironment as parameter. From there you can get access to the
> SynapseConfiguration and the Axis2 ConfigurationContext (provided that
> SYNAPSE-382 is fixed).
> 3. SynapseConfiguration#getProxyServices gives you the list of defined
> proxy services and ProxyService#getTargetEndpoint gives you the target
> endpoint.
> 4. ConfigurationContext#getAxisConfiguration gives you the
> AxisConfiguration and from there you can locate a transport sender by
> using AxisConfiguration#getTransport(s)(In|Out) (call
> get(Reveiver|Sender) on the Transport(In|Out)Description).
>
> This should give you all the information you need to access the
> transport and tell it to start the relevant sessions.
But this would make this Synapse specific with a startup class
involvement? Also this will prevent JMX access from starting and
stopping the transports cleanly as the startup is involved.. I think the
transports should be handled behind the transport abstraction, without
mixing it with Synapse.., and this is possible as I understand, using
the same way the JMS sender operates

I discussed this with Asanka A. who raised this original question and he
agreed that what we have for the JMS sender is what they need. I do not
understand FIX or the transport/implementation much, but AFAIK what they
mean as the "URL" here is not what others seems to think.. Asanka A - if
you agree with me, could you please reply to this list if what I suggest
is an appropriate approach, else please tell me why it will not work?

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera

WSO2 - http://wso2.org