synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: AW: Possible Causes for "Connection reset by peer" when using NIO
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:33:50 GMT
Hi Eric
> "However, a persistent connection with an HTTP/1.0 client cannot make use of the chunked
transfer-coding, and therefore MUST use a Content-Length for marking the ending boundary of
each message"

> a new idea came to my mind. Could this exception also occure if the server closes the
connection before reading the whole request? What if the content length would be wrong for
some reason? So maybe it would be too small just for certain messages (depending on the binary
content)? Could this cause the same exception? If so, how do you calculate the content length?

I do not think the content length could be wrong, as its a clear
violation of the HTTP spec then.. However, I have seen ApacheBench
reporting incorrect length errors, and I think this is using HTTP 1.0,
without keepalive, in which case the stream is closed, signalling the
end of the message, even if the Content-Length header said something
larger.. if the Content-length stated something lesser than the actual
payload, as I understand, this should result in a serious error.
> PS: Sorry for the wild guesses. I have no idea how to further analyze the issue. Any
help is greatly appreciated.

No problem.. one option would be for you to develop a small scenario
which I could deploy on WebLogic, and try to recreate.. generally I like
bugs which I can re-create, as I can then find the cause and the
solutions as well.. so if you can get this done from your end, I can
take over the task of finding the underlying reason and a workaround

asankha
--
Asankha C. Perera

WSO2 - http://wso2.org