synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Clarification of .so files and LICENSE file
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:17:51 GMT
Samisa

First of all lets start a new thread to raise any issues instead of
using the "[ANN]"  thread :-)
> 1. I see there are some .so files in the lib folder. What are they?
> NIO stuff?
As Ruwan explained, these are used by the Java service wrapper used to
run Synapse as a daemon/Windows service etc.
> 2. Axis2 Java release has a separate license text file for each and
> every Jar. I am not sure about the reason to be frank why they have
> it. But synapse do not have those. Why?
This is probably because we are following the Apache guidelines on this,
while Axis2 doesn't

    /"/If A Distribution Contains Code Under Several Licenses, Should It
    Contain Several License Files?

    No - all license information should be contained in the LICENSE file.

    When a distribution contains code under several licenses, the
    LICENSE file should contain details of all these licenses. For each
    component which is not Apache licensed, details of the component and
    the license under which the component is distributed should be
    appended to the LICENSE file.

    Here <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/LICENSE> is
    an example."

Ref: