synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: JMS transport specs/documentation
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:56:35 GMT
Hi all!

I started to put together some specifications for the JMS transport in
our Wiki space:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/synapse/JMS+Transport+Specifications

Please review and provide feedback (in particular on my analysis of
the as-is situation and the proposed to-be situation).

Some additional points where contribution is required:
* The general requirement of interoperability with Tuscany needs to be
translated into more specific requirements.
* Explain the impact of supporting both JMS 1.0 and 1.1.
* I think that a large part of the specifications for the JMS
transport should apply equally to the AMQP transport. In SYNAPSE-303 I
suggested to create some kind of abstract messaging transport from
which both transports would be derived. What is your opinion on this?
* Can anybody with knowledge about the proposed SOAP over JMS
specification comment on what we need to rework to support it?
* There was a discussion recently about support for MapMessages. Is
there any update on this?

Regards,

Andreas