synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Venkatesan, Kumaran" <Kumaran.Venkate...@in.standardchartered.com>
Subject Custom mediator - Not able to get HttpServletRequest
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 02:43:47 GMT
Paul,

The requirement is exactly what you told in the previous mail.

2) You want Synapse to issue a cookie and act as the Session Manager
and then you will store some information at Synapse that you will
Validate the next time the client sends a message.

How the above could be achieved with Synapse.

One more doubt from my side. If i deploy the synapse installable (WAR
format) on a web container(Tomcat provider), the application running in
two different http ports as below.

HttpCoreNIOListener HTTP Listener starting on port : 8080
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8081

In which port I need to send request for a web service call.

With Regards
Kumaran

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Fremantle [mailto:pzfreo@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:05 PM
To: synapse-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: asankha@wso2.com
Subject: Re: Custom mediator - Not able to get HttpServletRequest

Kumaran

Thanks. Yes the details confirm the fact you are using the HTTP NIO
connector which doesn't use servlets.

When you say you wish to validate the session can you explain what you
mean?

I guess there are two possibilities I can think of (maybe there are
others)
1) The actual target service is using sessions and you want to
validate that the client is sending back a cookie issued by the
service
2) You want Synapse to issue a cookie and act as the Session Manager
and then you will store some information at Synapse that you will
validate the next time the client sends a message.

I'm not clear which of these behaviours you are looking for. I'm sure
we can support both :) Its just one might take more work than the
other.

Paul

On Jan 16, 2008 6:45 AM, Venkatesan, Kumaran
<Kumaran.Venkatesan@in.standardchartered.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> The requirement is to have Stateful mediation configuration. Each
service
> request from the client will be passed through the
>
> Synapse and need to do basic verification like Session checking and
> Funcational Access Profile checking(FAP) before the request
>
> sent to the EPR's deployed on different hosts.
>

> Have utilized the synapse example (sample_380.xml) to test this and
used the
> HTTP port 8080
>

>    <sequence name="main" onError="fault">
>
>     <class name="samples.mediators.SessionMediator"/>
>

> 2008-01-16 14:43:38,407 [172.18.48.209-SGNHTY3H1S] [main]  INFO
> HttpCoreNIOListener HTTPS Listener starting on port : 8443
>
> 2008-01-16 14:43:38,407 [172.18.48.209-SGNHTY3H1S] [main]  INFO
> ServerManager Starting transport https on port 8443
>
> 2008-01-16 14:43:38,469 [172.18.48.209-SGNHTY3H1S] [main] DEBUG
> HttpCoreNIOListener Starting Listener...
>
> 2008-01-16 14:43:38,485 [172.18.48.209-SGNHTY3H1S] [main]  INFO
> HttpCoreNIOListener HTTP Listener starting on port : 8080
>
> 2008-01-16 14:43:38,485 [172.18.48.209-SGNHTY3H1S] [main]  INFO
> ServerManager Starting transport http on port 8080
>

> With Regards
>
> Kumaran
>
>  ________________________________

"HttpServletRequest"
> object.
>
> public class SessionMediator implements Mediator {
>
>     private static final Log log =
> LogFactory.getLog(DiscountQuoteMediator.class);
>
>     public SessionMediator(){}
>
>     public boolean mediate(MessageContext mc) {
>

>         Axis2MessageContext axis2mc = (Axis2MessageContext)mc;
>
>         org.apache.axis2.context.MessageContext axis2MessageCtx =
> axis2mc.getAxis2MessageContext();
>

>         HttpServletRequest request =

(HttpServletRequest)axis2MessageCtx.getProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SE
RVLETREQUEST);

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair