synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Saminda Abeyruwan" <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject [Fwd: Mail sending : how to configure mail subject and other details]
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:11:59 GMT
Hi,

It was nice to see the support to send emails in Synapse1.1. I followed the
docs to enable mail transport.
I tried sample 255, which has a 'mail' address endpoint. One thing I noticed
was that the mail is always sent with a default subject : " __ Axis2/Java
Mail Message __ ".

According to http://people.apache.org/~pzf/SMTPBase64Binding.html -
SMTP/MIME Base64 transport binding spec
- which Axis2 mail transport has been formulated, it does not speak
about the subject. Thus, in Axis2 1.3 we did not
give provision to change the subject. If this is a real requirement,
we would change this in the next Axis2 release.

Is there some way I can override this default and put in a user-supplied
value.

Also, is there a way to specify the 'cc', 'bcc' fields when sending mails ?

Again the SMTP/MIME spec did not mentioned about cc and bcc. Thus, we
did not include this in Axis2 1.3.

We would be greatly appreciated it you could provide us with user
cases, thus we could include the subject, cc and bcc into the spec.

Thank you

Saminda

--
Saminda Abeyruwan