synapse-dev mailing list archives

From mehdi ait oufkir <me...@yousendit.com>
Subject Re: Adding STOMP transport protocol in synapse
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:46:08 GMT
Paul,

I know I can do that. But I don't want to have my server to talk directly to
activemq.
So I would have, On the client side something like.

Client<----STOMP---->Synapse<---JMS--->Activemq
The client is in php.

On the server side:
Activemq<----JMS---->Synapse<----STOMP--->Server.
My server is in C.

I don't know if it's the best way to do it. But I don't want to have neither
my client, nor my server coupled to activemq.

My goal is to enable asynchronous web-services thru a queue mechanism, but
to my knowledge PHP and C can't talk JMS.

Let me know if I'm going the wrong way.

Concerning the build of synapse. Do you have some documentation somewhere or
can I build it from eclipse. I have heard about maven but I'm not familiar
at all with it, I know more about ant.

Mehdi.

On 12/29/07 1:24 AM, "Paul Fremantle" <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mehdi
>
> Synapse works "out of the box" with ActiveMQ. Would it be enough
> simply to use ActiveMQ and enable the STOMP protocol with that?
>
> i.e. Synapse->ActiveMQ->STOMP
>
> Paul
>
> On Dec 29, 2007 2:11 AM, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Mehdi
>>
>>  The transports used by Synapse are actually Axis2 transports.. Thus the
>> interfaces you need to implement are actually in Axis2.. however, since
>> Synapse uses more transports typically than Axis2, the Synapse code base
>> contains a module "tranports" that contains the code for the VFS, JMS and
>> NHTTP transports. However, the NHTTP transport is quite different and a bit
>> complex - but you should be able to look at the JMS transport code to get a
>> better understanding. Start from the JMSListener and JMSSender and also look
>> at the AbstractTransportSender and the AbstractTransportListener that will
>> make your implementation simpler
>>
>>  asankha
>>

>>  mehdi ait oufkir wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I'm evaluating synapse for a project and one of the requirement would be to
>> support the STOMP transport protocol. I know synapse already support by
>> default http,https, jms, I'd like to know what it would take to support
>> another protocol. How extensible is synapse?
>>
>>  If this is possible, may be you can guide me with some general dev
>> documentation, and build documentation. I already checked out the code into
>> eclipse but I had hard to understand the structure of the code.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>  Mehdi Ait Oufkir

Mehdi Ait Oufkir
Webapp lead
O: 408.879.9118 x222   | F: 408.879.9117

yousendit
1919 S. Bascom Ave, 3rd Floor  |   Campbell  |  CA 95008
Send, Receive, Track. . .  www.YouSendIt.com