synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: EMail mediator configuration
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:04:54 GMT
Ruwan Linton wrote:
> I think I misused the word protocol in here. I couldn't find a better
> name to specify the mail server host address and the port pair. Do you
>  have any more meaningful suggestions for the name of this tag?

+1 to Asankha's suggestion of <smtp server="" [port=""]/> (port defaults
to 25.

> Well, we can support both, I was trying to stick to the javax.mail API.
>  We can change the recipient tag to the specific types, I thought this
> is convenient.

Sorry; both is a bad idea- just keep stuff simple and have exactly one way
to do stuff. Both means user complexity and complexity for us to maintain
and document two ways to do the same thing with little ROI.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.