synapse-dev mailing list archives

From ali_khan <faisalalikhan2...@gmail.com>
Subject Amazon proxy unable to forward request to amazon search service
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:52:46 GMT

The Synapse proxy is unable to pass request to the Amazon service.
below is my synapse_sample.xml code

<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
 <proxy name="AmazonProxy">
        <target>
            <endpoint>
                <address
uri="http://soap.amazon.com/onca/soap?Service=AWSECommerceService"/>
            </endpoint>
	<outSequence>
	<send/>
	</outSequence>
        </target>
        <publishWSDL
uri="file:repository/conf/sample/resources/proxy/AWSECommerceService.wsdl"/>
    </proxy>
	<send/>
</definitions>

and the client code segment which calls it is as below:

 String trpUrl = "http://localhost:8080/AmazonProxy";
 String addUrl =
"http://soap.amazon.com/onca/soap?Service=AWSECommerceService";

 Options options = new Options();
 options.setTo(new EndpointReference(addUrl));
 options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.TRANSPORT_URL, trpUrl);

  OMElement result = serviceClient.sendReceive(payload);

where the payload is the following xml:

<m:ItemLookup
xmlns:m="http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-03-23">
<m:Request><m:ContentType>text/html</m:ContentType><m:IdType>ASIN</m:IdType><m:ItemId>0706922611</m:ItemId><m:SubscriptionId>0525E2PQ81DD7ZTWTK82</m:SubscriptionId></m:Request></m:ItemLookup>

On running the client code i get the following exception in the Synapse
console:

SequenceMediator End : Sequence <main>
Exception in thread "HttpCoreNIOSender" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOSender$3.handleError(Ht
tpCoreNIOSender.java:460)
        at
org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOSender$3.timeout(HttpCo
reNIOSender.java:439)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.SessionRequestImpl.timeout(SessionRe
questImpl.java:151)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.DefaultConnectingIOReactor.processTi
meouts(DefaultConnectingIOReactor.java:149)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.DefaultConnectingIOReactor.processEv
ents(DefaultConnectingIOReactor.java:93)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.execute
(AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.java:157)
        at
org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOSender.executeClientEng
ine(HttpCoreNIOSender.java:139)
        at
org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOSender.access$000(HttpC
oreNIOSender.java:68)
        at
org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOSender$1.run(HttpCoreNI
OSender.java:101)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Also I am sitting behind network proxy. Please suggest if this is the root
of the problem. Where will I have to specify the network proxy settings to
get rid of this problem.

Please guide me so that Synapse proxy is able to pass request to the Amazon
service.

Thanks,
Faisal