synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Synapse 1.1 release pr
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:30:42 GMT
Hey,

On Nov 8, 2007 5:17 AM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the delay - this is what I've come up with for the Synapse 1.1
> announcement.

I'm guessing you want some feedback on this press release draft ;)  If
not, feel free to ignore these, I won't mind.

> Some of it is left over from the 1.0 announcement, but since that never went
> out (!) I thought it was worth keeping.

Why didn't the 1.0 press release ever go out?  Just curious.

Overall I think 1.1 release is quite good.  I have a couple of minor
(some would say nit-picky) suggestions:

- Nowhere is the ESB acronym expanded or explained.  I think somewhere
near the top of the press release, ideally in the byline, you should
actually say Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) instead of just using the
acronym.
- Having two acronyms in the byline, ESB and SOA, sounds like buzzword
soup to me
- The C in "Committer" (second quote) does not need to be capitalized
- "configuration based" should be hyphenated I think
- I'm actually not even sure what "configuration based" means.  Does
it mean no coding necessary, only editing configuration files?
- Microsoft Word is flagging "The Apache Synapse Team have" with the
green grammar squiggly line thing.  It should probably be "The Apache
Synapse team has" (singular and lower case T).

By the way, I personally would appreciate draft press releases sent in
the body of the email as opposed to a Microsoft Word (or any other
format) attachment.  It's easier to quickly read and respond.  It's
also less likely to get flagged as a virus or spam message.

Good luck,

Yoav